Dental Bonding – Santa Ana, CA
Repairing Small Chips and Gaps
Looking for a more conservative way to repair your teeth or improve the appearance of your smile? At OC Dental Studio, we can use dental bonding to cover minor flaws in the tooth’s enamel with a natural-looking material. By the end, most casual observers won’t be able to tell you’ve had dental work at all; they’ll just see a flawless grin. If you think dental bonding in Santa Ana might be able to help you, get in touch with us today!
Why Choose OC Dental Studio for Dental Bonding?
- Cover Small Stains, Chips and Gaps
- Treatment Provided in a Non-Judgmental Atmosphere
- Natural, Durable Tooth-Colored Resin
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a procedure where a special composite resin is applied to your enamel. The resin is made from durable plastic material and can be shaded so that it matches the color of your natural teeth. It can be used to repair broken teeth in Santa Ana, but it can also be done for cosmetic reasons. Depending on how much bonding is done and your own oral health care habits, you can expect the material to last anywhere from 3 to 10 years before needing to be touched up or replaced altogether.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Bonding?
One of the advantages of dental bonding is its versatility. It can be used for all kinds of cosmetic and restorative procedures, including:
Whether or not dental bonding is a good option in your case depends on the extent of the damage that you need corrected as well as your overall oral health. We’ll perform a thorough examination before we recommend dental bonding or another procedure.
The Dental Bonding Procedure
There’s little if any preparation required for dental bonding, and the entire procedure can usually be done in one visit. In most cases, anesthesia won’t be necessary unless we’re repairing a decayed tooth.
We’ll use a shade guide to make sure that your composite resin blends in with your tooth as well as possible. After that, the resin is applied on the tooth; in most cases, a conditioning liquid will help it adhere to the surface. We can mold and smooth the resin as necessary before hardening it with a special light. After some last-minute shaping and polishing, your bright new smile will be ready for the world!
Benefits of Dental Bonding
- Compared to other cosmetic procedures, dental bonding is simple and generally less costly.
- In most cases you’ll only need to visit the office once for the procedure.
- Bonding enhances the appearance of your teeth, which can improve your confidence in social situations or during job interviews.
- Taking care of the bonding material is easy; just brush and floss as you normally would, and avoid chewing on fingernails or other hard objects.