Porcelain Veneers – Santa Ana, CA
Covering Up Cosmetic Flaws
There are plenty of cosmetic treatments you can get for your teeth – whitening, bonding and so on – but what if you want to make several changes at once? Will you need to get several different treatments, or can the corrections you want be done with just one? At OC Dental Studio, Dr. Comfort offers beautiful, lifelike porcelain veneers that’ll correct several flaws at once so that you can smile with confidence in any situation. To learn more, contact us and schedule an appointment today.
Why Choose OC Dental Studio for Porcelain Veneers?
- Cover up multiple flaws at once
- Stain-resistant restorations
- Experienced and well-trained cosmetic dentist
How Porcelain Veneers Work
It takes at least two appointments to get porcelain veneers. During the fist visit, Dr. Comfort will examine your teeth. A small amount of enamel will likely need to be removed; otherwise there might not be enough room for the veneers, and they’ll end up looking unnatural when attached to the tooth. After these preparations, we’ll take impressions of your teeth and decide on a shade that’ll let your veneers match the rest of your smile.
The impressions will be sent to a dental lab where the veneers will be designed. This can take days or even weeks, so you might receive temporary veneers to protect your teeth in the meantime. Once everything’s ready, you’ll come in for your second appointment. After checking the fit and shape one last time, we’ll use a special cement to bond your veneers with your teeth, thus completing your new, dazzling smile.
Good Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Your mouth needs to be healthy before you can get porcelain veneers; any decay, gum disease or plaque buildup needs to be treated and removed. Also, you should have realistic expectations on how your smile will look once you’ve received your veneers.
Porcelain veneers are an excellent option for covering the following cosmetic issues:
- Badly stained or discolored teeth that can’t be improved with whitening treatments
- Chips or cracks that don’t threaten the overall health of the tooth but are still unsightly
- Teeth that have become worn down or otherwise appear disproportionately short compared to the gums
- Small gaps between the teeth
- Minor cases of crooked or misaligned teeth
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Durable: Veneers made of a composite resin can be chipped or damaged relatively easily, but porcelain veneers are much tougher.
- Stain Resistant: Unlike your natural teeth, porcelain isn’t porous. That means it’s much harder for them to become stained.
- Natural Appearance: Your veneers can be shaded so that they resemble your natural teeth, to the point that most people won’t even realize that you’re wearing them.
- Comfortable: In general, most patients will find that porcelain doesn’t irritate the gums, unlike some metal restorations.
- Long Lifespan: On average, well-cared for veneers can last for up to 15 years.
- Easy Maintenance: You don’t have to do anything special to take care of porcelain veneers. Just brush and floss like you already do, and don’t forget to see Dr. Comfort for at least two checkups a year.