Tooth-Colored Fillings – Santa Ana, CA
Cavity Repair That Blends into Your Smile
These days, most dentists use only the most modern technology in their field to treat patients with oral health issues like cavities. That includes Dr. Comfort and Dr. Morgan. Your dentists here at OC Dental Studio use a composite resin instead of metals like silver amalgam to repair teeth that have been damaged by decay. This material can restore your problem teeth without compromising the appearance of your beautiful smile. If you have a cavity in Santa Ana, contact us today for cavity repair that blends into your smile.
Why Choose OC Dental Studio for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Specially Designed to Look Great and Fit Perfectly
- We’ll Take Your Dental Insurance
- Friendly Team That Won’t Judge Your Teeth
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Also sometimes referred to as “white fillings,” tooth-colored fillings were first introduced into the American public in the 1960s. Today, they are considered the gold standard for treating tooth decay. They are comprised of a composite resin material that is made of a combination of fine particles of glass and acrylic.
What Can I Expect During the Procedure?
First, we prepare the affected tooth with a special primer to ensure the composite resin forms a strong bond with the tooth. Next, we apply the resin to your tooth in layers, sculpting it as we go until your tooth has achieved the perfect size and shape. We then harden the resin with a curing light. After that, we make sure your bite still functions as it should and make any adjustments if need be. Once we smooth and polish your tooth, your smile should be good to go!
What Are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings Compared to Metal Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are one of the most advanced dental treatments available today, which is why we use them for virtually every patient who we notice has a cavity. They also offer several other benefits, including:
- With traditional metal fillings, more of your enamel had to be carved out to make room for the filling. Tooth-colored fillings are a more conservative treatment that allows you to keep more of your natural tooth structure.
- Because composite fillings bond directly to the tooth, bacteria will be sealed out, preventing further decay in the future.
- For people with sensitivities or allergies to metal, tooth-colored fillings provide an excellent alternative.
- Tooth-colored fillings can actually last just as long or even longer than amalgam fillings.
- Metal fillings darken over time as they gradually corrode. They also leave behind an unsightly gray stain on your tooth. On the other hand, tooth-colored fillings perfectly blend in with your smile. As long as you avoid consuming too many foods and drinks that cause staining, no one should ever notice your filling!