Invisalign – Santa Ana, CA
See-Through Aligners for a Better Smile
Whether it’s an overbite or some crooked teeth, there are plenty of adults who’d like to improve their smiles but don’t really want to deal with the appearance of metal braces in the meantime. If you want to improve your teeth in a more discreet way, OC Dental Studio has a solution: Invisalign. This orthodontic alternative will let your smile freely while gradually creating a grin that you can be proud of. To schedule an appointment to learn more about Invisalign, contact our office.
Why Choose OC Dental Studio for Invisalign?
- Virtually unnoticeable
- A friendly, caring and knowledgeable dentist
- No diet restrictions
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is sometimes referred to as “clear braces.” It uses several plastic see-through aligners that each adjust the teeth closer to the desired position. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and should stay in the mouth for 20 to 22 hours each day, although they can be removed for meals and to brush your teeth. In 12 or 18 months, the treatment will be complete, and you’ll have a new smile to show off.
During the procedure, we’ll ask you to come to our office every 6 weeks or so. Dr. Comfort will check your progress and make sure your treatment is on track; there are times where you’ll need to wear one of your aligners longer than originally planned, and occasionally you may even need to go back to wearing an old one. Don’t worry; we’ll make sure that your treatment is safe and comfortable the whole way through.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Adults and teenagers who are worried about attention-grabbing metal braces can greatly benefit from an Invisalign treatment. Generally, the aligners aren’t recommended for young children because they lack the discipline to leave them in their mouths for the required amount of time.
Invisalign is good for correcting crooked teeth, overbite, underbite, crossbite, crowded teeth, and small gaps. That said, it is more effective at correcting some orthodontic problems than others; Dr. Comfort will need to perform a thorough examination to make sure that the Invisalign aligners will be effective in your particular case.
Benefits of Invisalign
- No Diet Restrictions: Invisalign can be taken out whenever you eat, so you won’t have to give up any of your favorite foods during the treatment.
- See-Through: Many people won’t even realize you’re wearing Invisalign unless they know what they’re looking for.
- More Comfortable: Unlike with metal braces, you’ll never have to worry about metal wires coming loose and poking you in the gums.
- Fewer Appointments: Braces need to be constantly adjusted; in comparison, it takes far fewer visits to make sure an Invisalign treatment stays on track.
- Faster Treatment Time: It usually takes around 12 to 18 months to complete an Invisalign treatment. In comparison, braces sometimes need to be worn for 2 or 3 years!
- Improved Oral Hygiene: You won’t need to make any compromises when cleaning your teeth and gums; simply remove your aligners so that you can brush and floss like you normally would.